Given our determination to play all 8 rounds we’ve made the decision to play all round 5 games as double headers on either the days of Round 6, 7 or 8. The attached is a new draw for the next 3 weeks. Please note:-
- The draws have changed for every team
- When teams play a double header both games will be reduced to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Obviously, if you have a double header round you will not be required to umpire that day. In almost all cases, umpiring appointments are generally not a greater commitment than the team would have already had.
- We acknowledge there will be some challenges re umpiring. We ask each club to proactively support your teams as much as possible.
- To ensure all games have 1 umpire, it was sometimes necessary to appoint a team from a different grade to this job (see list below).
- Please ensure you check all games listed for the day. Where it indicates “plate only”, you only need to supply that plate umpire.
- Where indicated, when a “plate only” umpire is being provided to your game, each team must supply a base umpire.
- Chances of buying an umpire will be small due to the extra games being played. MWSA will not be able to meet all paid umpire requests
- Canteen and grounds duties have also changed – canteen and other duties have swapped for Round 6 and Round 7 for instance.
- The Teeball washed out round will be played on Grand Final Day.
Grades playing double headers –
- Rnd 6 Mar 5: A Res, C1 and half of 1R, 2 and 3A.
- Rnd 7 Mar 12: A and B grades. 3B
- Rnd 8 Mar 19: C grade, Div 1, half of 1R, 2 and 3A. and Mod A and B
Teams umpiring different grades : –
- Rnd 6 Mar 5: Sorts, Angels, Fever, Players, Dinos, Frantics, Bandits, Warriors.
- Rnd 7 Mar 12: Dirty Mitts, Eagles Black, Frantics, Magpies, Condors Bl, Fusion, Firecrackers and Astros. Bye teams in 3B have umpiring duties.
- Rnd 8 Mar 19 Fallin’ Angels, Players, Slayers, Falcons, Psychos, Dirty Mitts, Eagles, Pelicans, Foxes, Jaffas.
We trust this all makes sense & we do ask for your support in making all this happen.